Atlantic Division opponents meet when the Philadelphia 76ers (1-0) visit the New York Knicks (0-1) at Madison Square Garden, beginning at 7:30 PM ET on Saturday, December 26, 2020. The 76ers are 8-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s over/under is set at 218.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 26, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Knicks Betting Odds
76ers vs Knicks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 26
Knicks: Austin Rivers: Out (Groin), Obi Toppin: Day To Day (Calf), Omari Spellman: Out (Right knee), Immanuel Quickley: Day To Day (Hip)
76ers and Knicks Records ATS
- Philadelphia managed to cover the spread in less than half its games last season, amassing a record of 30-42-4 against the spread.
- The 76ers had a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 8 points, going 4-9 last season.
- Philadelphia and its opponents hit the over in 40 of 76 games last season (52.6%).
- New York outpaced the spread last season with a record of 34-30-1.
- New York and its opponents often were held under last season, only hitting the over in 47.7% (31) of their 65 games played.
Head to Head
Tobias Harris scored a team-high 34 points to lead the 76ers over Julius Randle (30 points) and the Knicks 115-106 in their last matchup on Thursday. The 76ers were favored by 7.5 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 221 total points to cover the 210.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2020||76ers||76ers||-7.5||210.5||-340||269||Regular Season||115-106 PHI*|
|1/18/2020||76ers||Knicks||-4||219||-181||149||Regular Season||90-87 PHI*|
|11/29/2019||76ers||Knicks||-6.5||210||-250||204||Regular Season||101-95 PHI*|
|11/20/2019||76ers||76ers||-12.5||211||-1000||641||Regular Season||109-104 PHI*|
|2/13/2019||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-111 PHI|
|1/13/2019||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-105 PHI|
|12/19/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-109 PHI|
|11/28/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-91 PHI|
|3/28/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-101 PHI|
|3/15/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-110 PHI|
- 2/27/2020 DNP – 76ers: Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons
- 1/18/2020 DNP – 76ers: Joel Embiid;
Knicks: RJ Barrett
- 11/29/2019 DNP – 76ers: Josh Richardson;
Knicks: Elfrid Payton
- 11/20/2019 DNP – 76ers: Josh Richardson;
Knicks: Elfrid Payton
- Philadelphia and its opponents hit the over on Saturday’s 218 total in 38 out of 77 games (49.4%) last season.
- 31 New York games last year (47% of its matchups) ended with a final score higher than Saturday’s over/under of 218 points.
- Last season, the average total for 76ers games was 218.8 points, 0.8 more than the over/under of 218 points for this contest.
- Knicks’ games have a total points bet of 218.1 points last season, 0.1 points more than the over/under for this game.
- The 76ers’ average implied point total last season was one fewer point than their implied total in Saturday’s game (112 implied points on average compared to 113 implied points in this game).
- Philadelphia scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (113) 36 times last season.
- The average implied point total last season for the Knicks (112.1) is 7.1 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (105).
- New York scored more than this game’s implied total of 105 points 30 times last season.
- Last season, the 76ers were at the 20th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (110.2 PPG), while the Knicks allowed the 18th-fewest points per game (112.3) in the league.
- The 76ers totaled 127 more points than their opponents last season (1.6 per game on average), while the Knicks were out-scored by 426 total points (6.5 per game average differential).
- Joel Embiid averaged 23.0 points per game last season and pulled down 11.6 rebounds a contest.
- Ben Simmons notched 8.0 assists per game.
- Simmons averaged 2.1 steals per game. Embiid collected 1.3 blocks an outing.
- Randle put up 19.5 points per game last season while adding 9.7 rebounds.
- Elfrid Payton collected 7.2 assists per game.
- Payton grabbed 1.6 per game. Mitchell Robinson averaged 2.0 blocks a contest.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from