The Philadelphia 76ers (5-1) are favorites as they try to continue a three-game win streak when they host the Charlotte Hornets (2-4) on Monday, January 4, 2021 at Wells Fargo Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-SE. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 4, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Hornets Betting Odds
76ers vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 4
Mike Scott: Day To Day (Left Knee),
Furkan Korkmaz: Out (Groin)
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
76ers and Hornets Records ATS
- Philadelphia is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 4-2.
- When favored by at least 9.5 points, the 76ers are 1-0 against the spread this season.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 1 of 6 games this season (16.7%).
- With a 2-4 record ATS, Charlotte has not routinely covered the spread this season.
- Four of Charlotte’s six games (66.7%) this season haven’t covered the over/under.
VIDEO: NBA picks and predictions for tonight
Head to Head
Tobias Harris scored a team-high 24 points to help lead the 76ers past Terry Rozier (35 points) and the Hornets 127-112 in their most recent matchup on Saturday. The 76ers were favored by 9.5 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams put up a total of 239 total points to go over the 217-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2021||76ers||76ers||-9.5||217||-463||352||Regular Season||127-112 PHI|
|11/10/2019||76ers||76ers||-14||214||-1241||817||Regular Season||114-106 PHI*|
|3/19/2019||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-114 PHI|
|11/17/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-119 PHI|
|11/9/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||133-132 PHI|
|10/27/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-103 PHI|
|4/1/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-102 PHI|
|3/19/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-94 PHI|
|3/6/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-114 PHI|
|3/2/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-99 PHI|
- 11/10/2019 DNP – 76ers: Ben Simmons
- Philadelphia’s games this year have gone over the point total for Monday’s matchup point total (219 points) in 633.3% of opportunities (38 out of six matchups).
- In two out of Charlotte’s six games this year (33.3%), the competing teams combined for more points than the over/under in Monday’s matchup.
- This season the average total for 76ers games is 211.7 points, 7.3 fewer than the over/under of 219 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 0.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Hornets’ games this season (219.7 points).
- The 76ers have an average implied point total of 113.2 this season, which is 0.8 points lower than their implied total in Monday’s game (114).
- So far this season, Philadelphia has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (114) 34 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Hornets (114.3) is 9.3 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (105).
- Charlotte has scored more than 105 points in five games on the season.
- The 76ers are the league’s 19th-highest scoring team (109.8 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 15th-fewest points per game (111.3) in NBA play.
- The 76ers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 48 points this season (eight points per game on average), and opponents of the Hornets have out-scored them by just 18 more points on the year (three per game).
- Joel Embiid leads the 76ers in points and rebounds. He scores 25.0 points per game while also adding 12.6 rebounds.
- Embiid’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 23.5, 1.5 points less than his season average of 25.0.
- The team is led in assists by Ben Simmons’ 7.2 per game.
- Simmons’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 31.5, 1.0 higher than his season average of 30.5.
- The 76ers are led by Seth Curry from beyond the arc. He hits 2.8 shots from deep per game.
- Curry’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Simmons averages 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks per game. Both numbers are team-highs for Philadelphia.
- Simmons’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.0 block lower than his season average of 1.5.
- The Hornets leader in scoring is Rozier with 23.2 points per game. He also adds 3.2 rebounds per game and 2.8 assists per game.
- Rozier’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 22.5, 6.7 lower than his season average of 29.2.
- The Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists are Bismack Biyombo (7.7 rebounds per game) and Devonte’ Graham (7.0 assists per game).
- Graham’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 27.5, 8.3 higher than his season average of 19.2.
- Rozier leads the Hornets in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.8 made threes per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 1.3 shots less than his season average of 3.8.
- Nobody on Charlotte grabs more steals than LaMelo Ball (1.8 per game) or blocks more shots than Miles Bridges (1.8 per game).
- Ball’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 1.3 steals less than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from