The Philadelphia 76ers (4-1) face the Charlotte Hornets (2-3) as favorites on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on FS-SE. The matchup’s point total is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 2, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Hornets Betting Odds
76ers vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 2
76ers: Mike Scott: Day To Day (Left Knee), Furkan Korkmaz: Out (Groin)
Hornets: Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
76ers and Hornets Records ATS
- Philadelphia is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 3-2.
- In 0% of its games this season (0/5), Philadelphia and its opponents have outscored the set over/under.
- With a 2-3 record ATS, Charlotte has not always covered the spread this season.
- Four of Charlotte’s five games (80%) this season have not covered the over/under.
Head to Head
Joel Embiid (18 points) led the 76ers past Cody Zeller (24 points) and the Hornets 114-106 in their last matchup on Sunday. The 76ers were favored by 14 points in the game, but the Hornets covered the spread. The 220 total points in the matchup went over the 214-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|11/10/2019||76ers||76ers||-14||214||-1241||817||Regular Season||114-106 PHI*|
|3/19/2019||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-114 PHI|
|11/17/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-119 PHI|
|11/9/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||133-132 PHI|
|10/27/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-103 PHI|
|4/1/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-102 PHI|
|3/19/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-94 PHI|
|3/6/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-114 PHI|
|3/2/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-99 PHI|
|2/13/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-99 PHI|
- 11/10/2019 DNP – 76ers: Ben Simmons
- Philadelphia’s games this season have resulted in a higher total score than Saturday’s matchup total (213.5 points) in 43 out of five opportunities (860% of matchups).
- In Charlotte’s games this year, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Saturday’s matchup over/under in three out of five matchups (60%).
- On average, the over/under in 76ers games is 7.3 points fewer than the over/under of 213.5 points in this contest.
- Hornets’ games have a total points bet of 215.8 points this season, 2.3 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average implied total for the 76ers this season is 113.2 points, 1.2 more points than their implied total of 112 points in Saturday’s game.
- So far this season, Philadelphia has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (112) 37 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Hornets (114.4) is 12.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (102).
- This season, Charlotte has scored more than this game’s implied total of 102 points four times.
- The 76ers are at the 24th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (106.4 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 10th-fewest points per game (108.2) in the league.
- The 76ers have totaled 33 more points than their opponents this season (6.6 per game on average), while the Hornets have been out-scored by three total points (0.6 per game average differential).
- The 76ers rebounds and assists leader is Ben Simmons. He averages 9.4 rebounds and contributes 6.4 assists per game.
- Simmons’ rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is set at 7.5 boards, 1.9 rebounds lower than his season average of 9.4.
- Philadelphia’s scoring leader is Tobias Harris, who racks up 17.8 points per game.
- Harris’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 29.5, 0.7 greater than his season average of 28.8.
- The 76ers are led by Seth Curry from beyond the arc. He connects on 2.8 shots from deep per game.
- Curry’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Philadelphia’s blocks leader is Simmons, who averages 1.6 per game. Danny Green leads the team averaging 1.6 steals a contest.
- Simmons’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
- Terry Rozier outpaced his teammates on the Hornets scoring front by putting up 20.8 points per game. He adds 3.4 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game this season.
- Rozier’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 18.5, 2.3 points lower than his season average of 20.8.
- The Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists are Miles Bridges (7.8 rebounds per game) and Devonte’ Graham (6.6 assists per game).
- Bridges’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 20.5, 0.7 greater than his season average of 19.8.
- Rozier makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hornets, averaging 3.2 treys per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.7 shots less than his season average of 3.2.
- Graham is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.4 steals per game and Bridges leads the squad in blocks with 1.8 per game.
- Bridges’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from