The Philadelphia 76ers (7-4) are favored (-8) to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Miami Heat (4-4) at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at Wells Fargo Center. The contest airs on SUN. The point total is 210.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of January 12, 2021, 3:25 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Heat Betting Odds
76ers vs Heat Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 12
Terrance Ferguson: Day To Day (Personal),
Seth Curry: Out (COVID),
Matisse Thybulle: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Ben Simmons: Day To Day (Left Knee),
Shake Milton: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Tobias Harris: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Furkan Korkmaz: Out (Groin),
Vincent Poirier: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Maurice Harkless: Out (Health protocols),
Kelly Olynyk: Day To Day (Groin),
Kendrick Nunn: Out (Health protocols),
KZ Okpala: Out (Health protocols),
Goran Dragic: Out (Knee),
Bam Adebayo: Out (Health protocols),
Udonis Haslem: Out (Health protocols),
Jimmy Butler: Out (Health protocols),
Meyers Leonard: Day To Day (Shoulder),
Gabe Vincent: Day To Day (Knee),
Avery Bradley: Out (Health protocols)
76ers and Heat Records ATS
- Philadelphia has a 7-4 record ATS this year.
- 11 of 11 Philadelphia games this season (100%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 4-3 record ATS this season, Miami has outperformed expectations ATS this season.
- Miami and its opponents have regularly hit the over this season, doing so in 100% (8) of its eight games played.
Head to Head
The Heat got a team-high 38 points out of Jimmy Butler on the way to a 137-106 win against Joel Embiid (29 points) and the 76ers in their last matchup on Monday. The Heat were 2.5-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams put up a total of 243 total points to go over the 211-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/3/2020||Heat||Heat||-2.5||211||-142||120||Regular Season||137-106 MIA*|
|12/28/2019||Heat||Heat||-1||211.5||-114||-107||Regular Season||117-116 MIA|
|12/18/2019||76ers||76ers||-7.5||209||-340||276||Regular Season||108-104 MIA*|
|11/23/2019||76ers||76ers||-5.5||211.5||-244||199||Regular Season||113-86 PHI|
|4/9/2019||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-99 MIA|
|2/21/2019||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-102 PHI|
|11/12/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-114 PHI|
Heat: Goran Dragic
- Philadelphia’s games this year have resulted in a higher total score than Tuesday’s matchup over/under (210.5 points) in 50 out of 11 opportunities (454.5% of matchups).
- In 62.5% of Miami’s games this season (5 of 8), the total points scored was more than Tuesday’s 210.5-point over/under.
- On average, the 76ers have seen a 220.1 over/under in their games this season, 9.6 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 7.6 points fewer than the average over/under in Heat’s games this season (218.1 points).
- The 76ers’ average implied point total this season is 77.1 fewer points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (31.9 implied points on average compared to 109 implied points in this game).
- This season, Philadelphia has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (109) 42 times.
- The Heat’s average implied point total on the season (32.6 points) is 68.4 points lower than their implied total in this matchup (101 points).
- Miami has scored more than 101 points six times this season.
- The 76ers are the NBA’s 15th-highest scoring team (111.3 PPG), while the Heat allow their opponents the 12th-fewest points per game (109.6) in the league.
- The 76ers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 27 points this season (2.5 points per game on average), and opponents of the Heat have out-scored them by just nine more points on the year (1.1 per game).
- The 76ers points and rebounds leader is Embiid. He scores 24.6 points per game and grabs 11.7 rebounds.
- Embiid’s rebounding prop total for the game is posted at 10.5 boards, 1.2 rebounds less than his season average of 11.7.
- Philadelphia’s assists leader is Ben Simmons, who averages 7.0 per game.
- Simmons’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 30.5, 1.3 greater than his season average of 29.2.
- Seth Curry knocks down 3.1 threes per game to lead the 76ers.
- Curry’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 3.1.
- Simmons leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Embiid collects 1.7 blocks a game to pace Philadelphia.
- Simmons’ steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals higher than his season average of 1.4.
- Bam Adebayo holds the top Heat spot in two categories: scoring (17.4 points per game) and rebounding (9.0 rebounds per game).
- Adebayo’s points prop total for the contest is set at 15.5, 1.9 points lower than his season average of 17.4.
- Butler has the title of Miami assist leader, dishing out 5.3 assists per game this season.
- Butler’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 28.5, 1.8 greater than his season average of 26.7.
- Duncan Robinson is tops from three-point range for the Heat, hitting 3.1 threes per game.
- Robinson’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 5.5, 2.4 shots greater than his season average of 3.1.
- Nobody on Miami grabs more steals than Butler (2.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Adebayo (1.0 per game).
- Butler’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 steals lower than his season average of 2.2.
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (3.3 points) is considerably less than the 8-point edge William Hill gives to the 76ers, though the data still has them as the favorite. Put your money on the Heat to cover.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from