The Philadelphia 76ers (10-5) are favored by when they host the Boston Celtics (8-5) in a matchup of the top two teams in the Eastern Conference at Wells Fargo Center on Friday, January 22 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 22, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Celtics Betting Odds
76ers vs Celtics Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 22
Mike Scott: Out (Knee),
Seth Curry: Day To Day (Conditioning),
Vincent Poirier: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Aaron Nesmith: Day To Day (Back),
Jayson Tatum: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Carsen Edwards: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
76ers and Celtics Records ATS
- Philadelphia is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 8-7.
- The 76ers are an even 4-4 against the spread this season when they are at least a 5-point favorite.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 46.7% of its games this season (7/15).
- Boston has outperformed the spread so far this season with a record of 7-6.
- The Celtics only hold a 1-3 record against the spread this season when they play as at least a 5-point underdog.
- Boston and its opponents have often hit the over this season, doing so in 53.8% (7) of its 13 games played.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the 76ers knocked off the Celtics 117-109. Joel Embiid led the 76ers with 42 points, and Jaylen Brown paced the Celtics with 26. The 76ers covered the spread as 5-point favorites, and the teams scored 226 total points to hit the over on the 221.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/20/2021||76ers||76ers||-5||221.5||-198||163||Regular Season||117-109 PHI*|
- 1/20/2021 DNP – 76ers: Seth Curry;
Celtics: Jayson Tatum
- The 76ers are at the ninth spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (113.8 PPG), while the Celtics allow the 12th-fewest points per game (110.1) in the league.
- The 76ers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 53 points this season (3.5 points per game on average), and the Celtics have put up just seven more points than their opponents on the year (0.5 per game).
- Embiid leads the 76ers in points and rebounds. He scores 26.4 points per game while adding 11.3 rebounds.
- Embiid’s points prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 2.9 points less than his season average of 26.4.
- Philadelphia’s assists leader is Ben Simmons, who racks up 8.0 per game.
- Simmons’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 32.5, 3.2 greater than his season average of 29.3.
- Seth Curry is the top three-point shooter for the 76ers, connecting on 3.1 per game.
- Curry’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots lower than his season average of 3.1.
- Simmons leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Embiid collects 1.4 blocks a game to pace Philadelphia.
- Embiid’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
- The Celtics leader in scoring is Jayson Tatum with 26.9 points per game. He also adds 7.1 rebounds per game and 3.8 assists per game.
- Tatum’s points prop total for the game is set at 25.5, 1.4 points lower than his season average of 26.9.
- The Boston leaders in rebounds and assists are Tristan Thompson (8.5 rebounds per game) and Marcus Smart (5.5 assists per game).
- Thompson’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is posted at 7.5 rebounds, one rebound less than his season average of 8.5.
- Tatum makes more threes per game than any other member of the Celtics, averaging 3.5 treys per game.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Nobody on Boston grabs more steals than Jeff Teague (1.5 per game) or blocks more shots than Robert Williams III (1.5 per game).
- Teague’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, one steal lower than his season average of 1.5.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from