The Boston Celtics (8-4) are underdogs as they attempt to build on a three-game road win streak when they visit the Philadelphia 76ers (9-5) on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at Wells Fargo Center. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 20, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Celtics Betting Odds
76ers vs Celtics Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 20
Mike Scott: Out (Knee),
Vincent Poirier: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Jayson Tatum: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Carsen Edwards: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
76ers and Celtics Records ATS
- Philadelphia’s against the spread record this season is an even 7-7.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the 76ers are 4-4 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 42.9% of its games this season (6/14).
- Boston has routinely covered the spread this season with a record of 7-5.
- For the fifth time this season, the Celtics are at least a 5.5-point underdog, where they have a record of 1-3 against the spread.
- Boston has gone over the total points bet in 6 games this season, 50% of the 12 games they have played.
Head to Head
The Celtics defeated the 76ers 110-106 in the last meeting between the two teams on August 23, 2020. Joel Embiid scored 30 points to lead the 76ers, and Kemba Walker scored 32 points for the Celtics. The 76ers covered the spread as 6.5-point underdogs, and the teams put up a total of 216 total points to cover the 215.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||76ers||Celtics||-1||212.5||-114||-106||Regular Season||116-95 BOS*|
|1/9/2020||76ers||76ers||-1.5||218||-117||-104||Regular Season||109-98 PHI*|
|12/12/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-1||212.5||-114||-106||Regular Season||115-109 PHI*|
|10/23/2019||76ers||76ers||-5.5||214.5||-245||202||Regular Season||107-93 PHI|
|3/20/2019||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-115 PHI|
|2/12/2019||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-109 BOS|
- 8/23/2020 DNP – 76ers: Ben Simmons;
Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 8/21/2020 DNP – 76ers: Ben Simmons;
Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 8/19/2020 DNP – 76ers: Ben Simmons;
Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 8/17/2020 DNP – 76ers: Ben Simmons
- 2/1/2020 DNP – 76ers: Josh Richardson;
Celtics: Kemba Walker
- 1/9/2020 DNP – 76ers: Joel Embiid
- 12/12/2019 DNP –
Celtics: Marcus Smart
- The 76ers are at the 10th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (113.6 PPG), while the Celtics allow the 12th-fewest points per game (109.5) in the league.
- The 76ers have totaled 45 more points than their opponents this season (3.2 per game on average), and the Celtics have scored only 15 more points than their opponents (1.3 per game).
- Embiid leads the 76ers in points and rebounds. He contributes 25.0 points per game while tacking on 11.5 rebounds.
- Embiid’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 28.5, 3.5 points greater than his season average of 25.0.
- The team is led in assists by Ben Simmons’ 8.0 per game.
- Simmons’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 35.5, 6.0 greater than his season average of 29.5.
- Seth Curry knocks down 3.1 threes per game to lead the 76ers.
- Curry’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 3.1.
- Philadelphia’s blocks leader is Embiid, who averages 1.5 per game. Simmons leads the team averaging 1.5 steals an outing.
- Simmons’ steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- Jayson Tatum outpaced his teammates on the Celtics scoring front by putting up 26.9 points per game. He adds 7.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game this season.
- Tatum’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 37.5, 0.3 less than his season average of 37.8.
- When it comes to Boston leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Tristan Thompson with 8.5 rebounds per game and Marcus Smart with 5.6 assists per game.
- Thompson’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is posted at 9.5 boards, 1.0 rebound higher than his season average of 8.5.
- Tatum is tops from three-point range for the Celtics, hitting 3.5 threes per game.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Nobody on Boston grabs more steals than Jeff Teague (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Robert Williams III (1.5 per game).
- Williams’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from