The San Francisco 49ers (2-0) and the Green Bay Packers (1-1) hit the field in a Week 3 matchup. The 49ers, listed at on the spread, play host to the Packers, with moneyline odds to win, on September 26, 2021 at 8:20 PM ET on NBC. The over/under for the contest is set at points.
In this article we will provide you with the best odds available and break down what you need to know to place a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, weather conditions, and injury updates.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 26, 2021, 10:12 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
49ers Vs. Packers Betting Odds
49ers Vs. Packers Player Props
49ers Vs. Packers Betting Angles
49ers Vs. Packers Weather
A high temperature of 63 degrees Fahrenheit, with clear sky and 6 mph winds, is the forecast for Levi’s Stadium on Sunday (as of 10:12 PM on September 26).
49ers Vs. Packers Injury Report
San Francisco Injuries
|Dre Kirkpatrick||CB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Jason Verrett||CB||Torn Acl||Out|
|Jeff Wilson Jr.||RB||Knee||Out|
|Aaron Banks||OL||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Ambry Thomas||CB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
Green Bay Injuries
|David Bakhtiari||OT||Knee (acl)||Out|
|La’Darius Hamilton||OLB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Vernon Scott||S||Gameday Inactive||Out|
49ers Offense Vs. Packers Defense (2020)
|49ers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Packers Defense|
|23.5 (21)||Points/Gm||23.1 (13)|
|0.36 (19)||Points/Play||0.38 (16)|
|370.1 (15)||Yards/Gm||334.0 (9)|
|270.0 (10)||Pass Yards/Gm||237.1 (8)|
|118.1 (15)||Rush Yards/Gm||112.8 (13)|
|5.7 (14)||Yards/Play||5.5 (12)|
|7.6 (8)||Yards/Pass||7.1 (12)|
|4.3 (14)||Yards/Rush||4.5 (16)|
|39.1% (23)||3rd Down %||39.5% (10)|
|67.3% (8)||Red Zone %||57.7% (8)|
|31 (31)||Turnovers||18 (25)|
|39 (20)||Sacks||41 (10)|
Packers Offense Vs. 49ers Defense (2020)
|Packers Offense||Stats (Rank)||49ers Defense|
|31.8 (1)||Points/Gm||24.4 (17)|
|0.51 (1)||Points/Play||0.39 (17)|
|389.0 (5)||Yards/Gm||314.4 (5)|
|268.7 (11)||Pass Yards/Gm||220.4 (4)|
|132.4 (8)||Rush Yards/Gm||106.4 (7)|
|6.3 (2)||Yards/Play||5.0 (4)|
|8.2 (3)||Yards/Pass||6.6 (4)|
|4.8 (5)||Yards/Rush||4.0 (6)|
|49.4% (2)||3rd Down %||35.5% (4)|
|80.0% (1)||Red Zone %||57.8% (9)|
|11 (1)||Turnovers||20 (21)|
|21 (2)||Sacks||30 (22)|
When The 49ers Have The Ball (2020)
- The 49ers were successful on 39.1% of their third-down plays last season (23rd in league). The Packers’ defense gave up third-down conversions at a 39.5% clip (10th).
- San Francisco was 20th-ranked in the league in sacks allowed last season (39), and is facing the team that ranked 10th in bringing down opposing quarterbacks, Green Bay (41).
- The 49ers’ offense was ranked 21st in the NFL at 23.5 points per game last year. The Packers allowed 23.1 per game (13th).
- San Francisco had the NFL’s 31st-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers a season ago (31), and are playing the 25th-ranked team in turnovers forced from last year, Green Bay (18).
When The Packers Have The Ball (2020)
- The Packers were No. 2 in the league in sacks conceded last season (21), playing the pass rush ranked 22nd, the 49ers’ (30).
- Green Bay committed 11 turnovers, lowest in the NFL last season, while San Francisco forced 20 turnovers (12th-fewest in the league).
- The Packers averaged 0.51 points per play last year (first in the NFL) compared to the 0.39 per play the 49ers gave up (17th in the league).
- Green Bay’s top-ranked scoring offense averaged 31.8 points per game last season. San Francisco had the 17th-ranked scoring defense (24.4 ppg).
49ers Betting Trends And Insights
- San Francisco went 7-9-0 ATS last season.
- The 49ers covered the spread once when favored by 3.5 points or more last season (in five opportunities).
- San Francisco’s games went over the point total eight out of 16 times last season.
- San Francisco and its opponents went over 51 combined points in five of 16 games last season.
- The 49ers won 28.6% of the games last season they were favored on the moneyline (2-5).
Packers Betting Trends And Insights
- Green Bay went 10-6-0 ATS last year.
- The Packers covered the spread when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs in their only opportunity last year.
- Green Bay’s games went over the point total nine out of 16 times last year.
- Green Bay combined with its opponents to score more than 51 points in 11 of 18 games last season.
- The Packers won two of the three games they played as underdogs last season.
49ers Players To Watch
- Jimmy Garoppolo threw for 1,096 yards last season (137.0 per game) while completing 67.1% of his passes (94-for-140), with seven touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Kerryon Johnson ran for 181 yards on 52 carries (11.3 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns a season ago.
- Brandon Aiyuk totaled 77 rushing yards on six carries, with two touchdowns on the ground, last season. He also caught 60 passes for a team-best 748 receiving yards (46.8 per game) and five scores.
- George Kittle also added 48 grabs for 634 yards and two touchdowns.
- Deebo Samuel caught 33 passes on 44 targets for 391 yards and one touchdown, averaging 30.1 yards per game.
- Samson Ebukam put together an impressive stat line of 4.5 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 44 tackles last year.
- Fred Warner’s 2020 campaign saw him total 170 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions.
- Last season, Dre Kirkpatrick hauled in three interceptions and added 59 tackles and seven passes defended.
Packers Players To Watch
- Last season Aaron Rodgers recorded 4,299 passing yards (268.7 per game) while going 372-for-526 (70.7%) and throwing for 48 touchdowns with five interceptions.
- Aaron Jones churned out 1,104 rushing yards (69.0 per game) and scored nine touchdowns. He also added 47 catches for 355 yards with two receiving TDs.
- Last year A.J. Dillon ran for 242 yards on 46 carries (15.1 yards per game), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Last season Davante Adams hauled in 115 passes for 1,374 yards (85.9 per game) and 18 touchdowns.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling tacked on 33 catches for 690 yards and six touchdowns. He was targeted 63 times, and posted 43.1 receiving yards per game.
- Robert Tonyan caught 52 passes on 59 targets for 586 yards and 11 touchdowns, averaging 36.6 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Rashan Gary racked up 5.0 sacks, 6.5 TFL and 51 tackles.
- De’Vondre Campbell’s 2020 campaign saw him total 129 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks.
- Darnell Savage Jr. intercepted four passes while adding 94 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and 12 passes defended a season ago.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from